Syntap Software Forum Forum Index Syntap Software Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Thanks... and a usage question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorah
Intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003    Post subject: Thanks... and a usage question Reply with quote

Great product... I'll be sending you a donation in the New Year when I recover a bit from buying a new house (!!).

I've been using TS for a few weeks now, and it is _by far_ the most usable of this sort of tool I've found (and I downloaded a bunch before I found TS).

I have been creating one time stamp file per day. I haven't tried manipulating the data created yet... I'm hoping to get a chance to try it soon, probably using Excel. I was wondering if most people record a day's worth at a time, as I'm doing, or if they open and close projects based on clients... for instance, if I'm working on a particular web site or other project, would I open a project for that, and then break down the time on sub-categories, then save that project and open another when switching to a new "client" ???

I'm not sure I'm being clear. I am just interested in getting different perspectives on how people use the tool.

-Jorah
syntap
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to do a separate file for every day, then at the end of a month create a blank sheet, then use File -> Append to import all of a month's logs into one sheet, then save that off as a monthly capture of all the month's tasks.

Now I keep a single log for each half month, then join them.

One thing I do to keep things organizaed is use the Default Notes List to enter a charge number. For task notes, I use the drop-down to fill in the task number, then fill in what I did after that. This way I can pull the data up in Excel and sort on charge number, which helps with sorting and grouping.

- Bill
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: